Create healthcare apps to improve patient engagement and patient outcomes
Build your healthcare apps on our HI cloud platform
HI cloud is the world's first non-profit cloud platform for healthcare. It is designed to be a secure, connected, scalable, and interoperable cloud platform with business operation services for billing and subscription management inbuilt.
Technology is changing every industry in significant ways. No one can dispute technology’s ability to enable us all to live longer, healthier lives. From surgical robots to “smart hospitals,” the digital transformation is revolutionizing patient care in new and exciting ways. That’s not all. National health expenditures in the United States accounted for $3.2 trillion in 2015—nearly 18% of the country’s total GDP. It’s predicted that the digital revolution can save $300 billion in spending in the sector, especially in the area of chronic diseases. Clearly there is value—human and financial—in bringing new technology to the health care market.
If you’re a software developer or company building a new healthcare app, this rate of growth creates an inspiring, albeit daunting, environment in which to launch your product. What if you had a business partner to help you manage infrastructure, compliance, and growth, letting you focus entirely on building the best possible solution for your users?
HI’s new cloud platform for healthcare, can be that partner. It is designed to be a secure, connected, scalable, and interoperable cloud platform and accompanying business operation services for billing and subscription management, the HI Cloud will offer an unprecedented array of partnership opportunities to easily expand the universe of potential customers and take advantage of HI’s global non-profit reach.
Put your cloud-based healthcare app on the leading edge of medical innovation.
What can you build on our cloud platform?
Solutions that help healthcare providers improve clinical outcomes to positively impact care throughout the patient journey.
Solutions that help providers with comprehensive financial needs, including revenue cycle management, EDI, and tools for value-based payment models.
Solutions that empower health systems to effectively manage their workforce to help lower labor costs, improve quality of care, and deliver operational efficiencies.
Calling all developers & independent software vendors
Designed to allow you to build healthcare applications using the latest technologies on a purpose-built platform, backed by global distribution capabilities. A customized platform will allow independent software vendors to easily create and market a new breed of healthcare solutions to meet healthcare providers’ clinical, financial, operational and analytics needs
Platform for hosting healthcare apps
You will be able to deploy your existing application in a secured and scalable platform designed for healthcare. Get access to User Management, authentication and authorization services, and business operations services.
Market and sell applications to HI’s broad customer base from the app store, the app store will allow you to capitalize on new market opportunities and leverage new business models while exposing your application to leading healthcare systems worldwide.
Billing & subscription management tools
Intended to help you grow business with scalable business operation services for billing and subscription management.
Partner with us to gain access to HI's vast network of customers around the globe. Together, we can drive game-changing outcomes for customers. Top software partners and systems integrators are building custom solutions on the HI Cloud.
Your project will be incubated to a startup
Your project will be incubated in our incubator program and we will build a team for you.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Participants: Individuals (over 18 years in age); Teams; Organizations (up to 100 employees)
- Countries: Any
Main Requirement: Submit a cloud-based healthcare software application in one of three categories:
- Clinical applications: Solutions that help healthcare providers improve clinical outcomes to positively impact care throughout the patient journey.
- Financial applications: Solutions that help providers with comprehensive financial needs, including revenue cycle management, EDI, and tools for value-based payment models.
- Operational applications: Solutions that empower health systems to effectively manage their workforce to help lower labor costs, improve quality of care, and deliver operational efficiencies.
Submit the following along with your application:
- A demo video (hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku). Your video should include a screencast or demo of your working application via a step-by-step visual demo.
- Images. Please submit at least one image/screenshot of your application.
- A way to access your working application for judging and testing.
- Summarize your company's impact on healthcare outcomes. You are encouraged also to upload supporting data, whether case studies, user testing results, or other. (We suggest a maximum of 5 pages if you submit any supporting data).
- Language: All submission materials must be in English, as well as all written materials. If the video, text description, and testing instructions are not in English, an English translation or subtitles must be provided.
How to enter
- Register for the HI Health Cloud Challenge on Devpost.
- Write a description of your company’s ability and plans to take advantage of the HI Health Cloud tools and services.
- Compile any supporting documentation you may have summarizing your company’s impact on healthcare outcomes such as case studies, user testing sessions, etc.
- Shoot your demo screencast video and take screenshots of your functioning app.
- Provide a way for us to access and test your solution.
- Make sure your entry adheres to all the requirements and submit on health-innovators.devpost.com before 4pm ET on August 5th, 2017. Note: Please make sure that you allow yourself enough time before the submissions deadline to adhere to all the submission requirements and complete the submissions form.
Minimum Viable Product
Create a minimum viable product to demonstrate the feasibility of the idea.